Thursday 2 July 2015

Skinny Mint

I don't usually post about this sort of stuff but since we have booked our Summer holiday to Portugal I have been more concious of how unhealthy and unfit I had become over the last couple of years. I used to be really active when I was younger going to dance class and competing in competitions and even though I stopped competing at twenty I still kept active with aerobics and running.

Life came along and got in the way....moving house, busy making bags, busy changing jobs at work, decorating....well I could go on. I'm going to put my hand up now and say for the last 4 year approx I have done not one ounce of exercise, nope nada nothing!!!! Which would be OK if I watched what I ate....I didn't and ended up a stone and half heavier. Now to some that wont sound very much, but I've always been slim and I felt heavy. Its all about the way we feel rather than what we weigh right?!?

So.....I started back on Zumba on my WII twice a week and started trying to eat a little healthier. I started to read about different types of detox regimes on the internet, and was almost ready to try "those wraps" (very expensive) I'm sure you know which ones I mean until I read up about Skinny Mint. Skinny Mint is a 2 step Teatox which you drink for 28 days. There is a morning boost tea which you drink every morning before breakfast and then a Night cleanse which you drink every other night after your last meal.



The 28 day teatox is £32.90, I know sounds expensive for tea right, yeah thats what I thought, but I read some of the testimonials and thought I'm gonna give it a go. There is a 14 day starter pack which retails for £17.90 which is the one that I went for, I was a little dubious that I would like the taste of it so the starter pack seemed like a good way to go.



Here goes......

My pack arrived on Monday so my first day started on Tuesday. I had one of the morning boost teas as soon as I got to work on Tuesday morning, the tea bag itself smelt gorgeous and I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked the tea. I'm not normally a fan of fruit teas but this seemed really easy to drink. I then had one of the night cleanse teas just before going to bed, this one was very different, I couldn't really tell what the tea smelled of, it kinda smelled a little pepperminty. My other half complained that he thought it smelled awful but then he says that about most things lol anyway I did drink it and it was fine, I could taste peppermint and ginger, both of which I don't mind, the tea was palatable but I have to say I preferred the morning boost. So its now my third day and I have to say that I've felt a lot more awake since drinking the tea, my mood has improved on a morning (I'm usually a right grumpy sod) and feel like I have more energy. As I have only had one of the night cleanse teas I cant really comment if it does have an effect. Although it made me really relaxed for bed and I found myself drifting off to sleep the moment I put my head on the pillow. So far, so good.

I'm just about to go and make a night cleanse tea now so I'll end my post here. I'll come back in a couple of days and let you know how I'm getting on.

There are some links in this post to the Skinny Mint website, they're also currently having a sale on if you were thinking of trying it.

Night my lovelies.....x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx