Saturday 25 October 2014

It's all in the planning...

Normally I am oblivious to everything at this time of year, frantically prepping and making stock for up and coming Christmas fairs. But not this year. I decided it was finally time I took a little step back and actually enjoyed the festive season.

So this week I have planned in my remaining holiday allowance at the day job and started popping dates into my diary. We really want to have the majority of the decorating finished before Christmas so that will be many a weekend spent in overalls. 

Ironically tomorrow is mine and Mr.B's 12th Anniversary and in those twelve years we have only spent one of those having Christmas in our own home. Now since we have this beautiful home to accommodate everyone we are having both mine and Mr.B's parents here for Christmas. I'm sure it will be chaotic and stressful at times but I am so looking forward to it. 

Can you believe at 34 years old I have never cooked a turkey? I know how shocking is that!!! Well they say there is a first for everything but at least I will have my Mam here to bail me out if it all goes a bit wrong :) Writing this post I have just realised how excited I am for Christmas it's been such a long time since I have been. 

Anyway enough waffle about the festive season. Since it's Saturday morning it's cup of coffee and To Do list writing. Have a lovely weekend whatever to have planned. See you next Saturday! :D


1 comment:

  1. Aww, happy anniversary for tomorrow! Christmas at home will be lovely, and don't worry about the turkey, it's just a big chicken! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx