Saturday 14 June 2014

Making changes...

I know what you're thinking, coffee and toast at this time of the day, surely its lunch time? Well I suppose in the natural order of the day it is. However I was up at the crack of dawn, the call of the two fury ones always poses a threat to a weekend lie in. I don't mind so much seeing their cute little faces blinking back at me as I dish out their breakfast is enough to make me melt. Yes, I am a cat lady.

Usual boring chores are out of the way, another benefit of getting up early, all washing done and out on the line (please don't rain!), reasonable tidy up, a shower and a lot of thinking!!

I have been mulling things over a lot recently. We're coming to the end of a 20 month wait to finally have closure on our house, settling into my new job with  more prospects on the horizon, what crafting means to me and where I see my little business going (I do this one more than the rest, it seems to be a constant struggle in my mind) and just life in general. Maybe I tend to think about things too much and I'm definitely one of life's worriers. I've never been a person for looking back or worrying about things I've done, I always think the past is the past you cant change it so there's no point in spending your time worrying about it. I do like to plan though on a big scale and I have lists galore of things I want to do. So if anything my energy is focused on the things I am yet to achieve.

Chris and I have spent the last three years trying to get to where we are now, getting away from where we lived previously was the main focus but that in turn had an effect on all aspects of our lives. Finally all that is sorted and we look like were getting back to what we call normal.

I don't need to sit here and explain to you all how much I love to craft and how important my little business is to me. But I definitely think that I am going through a changing cycle and that I no longer want to work to specific constraints that I have previously set myself. Its almost like I want to start a fresh, reinvent myself. Do you know what I mean?

I'd like 'Bagladee' to become more fluid....when I say this what I actually mean is that I want to get away from 'making stock' and move more into exploring my creativity. You will have to excuse me if I'm not explaining things more clearly, it is mapped out in my head its just difficult to transfer into words. In the beginning I started Bagladee with the intention that everything would evolve and change so as not to stay stagnant. I'm not saying that I'm feeling 'stagnant' but I am craving pushing things further and into new territories.

So moving on from this I have decided to host an event on my facebook page to sell some of my stock to make room for 'new projects'. On Friday 27th June, my event will be held between 7-9pm and will be called "Make me an offer". There will be a wide variety of items up for grabs, a chance for me to clear the decks so to speak for moving forward.

One aspect I've not figured out yet is my website, what does this change mean for my little piece of web space? Maybe once I have settled into this new phase the answer will come naturally. So I hope you will all stick with me through my journey........lets see where it takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx